Thursday, December 1, 2016

Gus and the Whirlwind that is Life

Well well well, here I find myself once again. I'm coming back to attempt to keep track of some of the milestones of my children once again! We've have added Gus to the family so I think I better start keeping track of some of the cool stuff he can do and when he does it!

On July 10th I received a phone call from my sister Lynn this is how it went.

Lynn: Mom said the baby is going to be born on Reid's birthday. Can you make that happen?
Me: Ha ha, yeah right, that is a week and a half before his due date. Both of the other kiddos were about a week past their due dates.

Well I woke up on July 12th, Reid opened his gifts and I pretty much went into labor and Gus was born a short time after that! It went quick and we went from a family of 4 to a family of 5 in the blink of an eye.

It has definitely been an  adventure, these past 4.5 months! I was in denial but I'd definitely say now that Gusser had some colic issues. It was tough on all of us but the smiles, laughs, and the connection he has with Reid and Althea showed us the light.

At his 4 month check up he weighed in at 14 lbs. 12 oz.!

The colic began to subside and he become easier to put to sleep around the 4 month mark. He loves to be held and loves when someone is talking to him!

He rolled over on November 29th, from his tummy to his back and we all got to see it!

Just in the past two or three days he is grabbing for everything, he has always liked toys but now is grabbing anything within his reach! I think he will definitely keep us on our toes.

Althea is loving 4K, and ballet and tap classes at DEC. She is becoming an excellent reader and can read many books on her own, we are very proud. She is a lover of art, art projects and collecting anything!

Reid is doing well in school, and played soccer and baseball last summer and is now playing basketball at the Y. He is into Pokemon, Magic cards, and of course still reading up a storm....Harry Potter (still), The Sister's Grim, and basically anything funny. He may do Destination Imagination again this year.

That's a quick recap, I'll be posting probably without pictures because of time constraints with a baby who takes super short naps and wakes a lot at night! But hopefully I'll be able to log on and simply keep track of the wonderful milestones that come along with our three busy kiddos!

No comments: