Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fun at the Park

I think it is so important to be in photographs with your children. I would love to have a picture of me with my mom from when I was a baby. I don't have any. I have maybe one or two when I'm about 3 years old but that is it. It's important to have them so the children can see that you were there, you were there playing, celebrating, or just being you. They can see time captured when they were small, they can see the places they went, the clothes they wore and the fun times they had WITH YOU. I think I look terrible in these pictures, but I don't care they aren't for me, they are for Reid.

I love this picture. I love the lines of the trees in the background repeated by the line of the tie on my shirt. I don't love the shadow on Reid's face but I love love love his expression and the fact that he looks A LOT like Kevin in this picture.

Isn't this so sweet, I just want to squeeze those little hands on my face. How precious is his smile?
So we both look a little unnatural in this picture but it works, for some reason I like it and I haven't figured out why. Help anyone? Is it his hair? Is it the straight lines juxtapositioned with the Vs formed by our arms and hands? There is something comforting and nice about it.

1 comment:

Nerissa said...

Elizabeth I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!!! Did Kevin take them?