Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh boy....

Where do I start? Between Reid not napping for the last couple of days and potty training I'm exhausted and defeated, well not really but at some moments it feels that way. So day 3 of potty training I thought, "He's got it." It all pretty much went downhill from there. But I'm not giving up hope yet and I'm not going back to diapers yet either but I am lowering my expectations and in the mean time getting zero work done. Oh well that's what weekends are for I guess.
Some funny things, because mostly if you can't laugh while potty training why bother?
REid was on the potty one day and he didn't have to go and I was holding him on there and he kept looking down and sighing, finally he said, "I NOT WORKING." I starting laughing and it took all my might not to drop him. He has started to stand up to go potty and when he is ready he says, "Mommy YOU hold it." I guess there is just too much to think about, and he can't worry about holding "it" too. One day he pooped in his underwear and I took him up to change him. I don't say anything to him I just change him and tell him that poop goes in the potty. I said that and he said, "But I pooped in my Diego's so you take them and you clean them downstairs. I stay here." I should have started writing these down earlier because I know there were a lot more funny things that came out of his mouth on the subject. Well the bathroom was not a welcome place yesterday so I thought how can I mix up the potty training routine. He how has a Potty Palace in our family room which consists of his potty inside his tent in back of a big chair, where he usually goes to poop in his pants. Ha, we'll see how that works out for him.
So the no nap bug has bit and it's tough, pretty hard on me, because that was my time to work or whatever. So he'll sit in his crib and read for over an hour so that is nice, but it's no 3 hour nap. But today he was up there for about 20 minutes and I heard him calling for me. I walked in and he said, "Mommy what is this?" while pointing to a dash in a book. I told him it was a "dash" and he promptly said, "A Dash. Thank you, you go away now." Mostly I feel really loved right now. Ha. Pictures to come, I hear him calling me I wonder if he found a semi-colon or something.

1 comment:

Emily said...

oh sounds like such fun! Ha ha, way to go for at least getting him out of diapers...I am so not even close to that. The potty is in the garage:) Thanks for some motivation though! Keep truckin...such a journey and who knew how excited we would be over pee and poop in the potty?? Can't wait to see you soon!