Friday, June 12, 2009

11 months




This photo was taken on the 19th of May. I'm going in order of when the pictures were taken so NY is coming up soon!
Reid is 11 months old today. I put him down for a nap today and as he was rocking in my arms the tears started to roll. "Those are happy tears, right Auntie Elizabeth?" said Elie awhile ago, after a long, sleepless holiday night when I thought Reid would never sleep at my in-law's house. Right on kiddo, those are happy tears. Happy tears, my little man is more of a toddler than a baby. I'm not sure why but 10 months was easy to say, he is 10 months old. 11 months on the other hand makes him way too close to a year old and I never ever thought Reid would be almost a year old. I thought he'd stay a baby forever. I wished time would stand still for awhile so I could remember and take in every single little and big thing he accomplished. I'm glad I have this blog so I can look back at this wild ride. I love that saying, this wild ride. My mom always says she'd go back to having 4 little boys 4 and under any day. (I may have told you that before.) Now I know why. As I see all the pregnant bellies at the YMCA in the morning I can't help but stare. I'm envious of the new and wonderful adventure that they are in store for. Envious isn't the right word, not sure what I'm looking for....just so happy for them that they will also be able to have the fun, tough, and priceless memories that we have from the past 11 months.

1 comment:

Emily said...

This post is so ironic because just last night as I was putting Makenna down I started to cry too!!! This year is going too fast, and then I look and Katey and think it is impossible she was ever a baby! I feel so lucky to have two healthy little girls and at times it overwhelmes me. Good to know we all feel that way:) BTW, Reids eyes are beautiful!