Monday, March 23, 2009

A No Picture Post

We just got home from vacation in Chicago and I was a bad mom, I took no pictures while we were there. It was so cold and windy, yes I'm aware that we were in the windy city in March. Reid was a trooper in his hat, two hoods, jacket and blankets. All you could see was his little red nose and cheeks peeking out. He protested being in his stroller after about an hour or so. He did pretty well. We had a really fun time. Anyway, we came home to more cold weather and freezing rain today, yippy. So anyway I load Reid up to go to the YMCA this morning. As we pull into the parking lot it starts raining harder and I start to haul him inside in his carseat with my huge gym bag full and a diaper bag in tow. As I approach the door I see a woman with a cane on the cement under a car in a t-shirt rolling in pain. I run over and tell her I'm going to get help. I take off running with Reid and our million pounds of gear. I wipe out. Yup I crash on the ice myself. Reid was simply set down in his car seat not sure how that happened. I'm fine and he is fine and that poor lady is doing ok too. I think I'm going to put all work aside, make some hot tea, play with Reid and stay put for the rest of the day. This shouldn't happen at the end of March. I'm ready for spring!

No comments: