Thursday, March 12, 2009

Peace


Good Morning! I took some pictures of Reid sleeping bc I hadn't done that since he was very little.
Look at how beautiful the grain is in this picture! Some photographers strive to avoid grain, but in some cases it is perfect. We used to develop our film and prints in the wrong chemicals just to get grain this pronounced for a different look. Yes I know this dates me and yes I spent many many years dipping my ungloved hands into nasty chemicals just to produce art and LOVED it. Now this will really date me, not only did I develop and print film in black and white but I also learned in college how to print color prints. Yes color prints, and it was one of my favorite processes. Thank goodness for digital, but yet there is something romantic about a darkroom. Yes I miss it.
For now enjoy this calm photograph.
There is something wonderful about this photograph, I love his eyelashes they are becoming darker and I'm waiting for that beautiful spring light so I can capture them without the grain, nice and sharp. You can tell that his little cheeks are chapped from the cold air of winter but yet he looks so warm and peaceful.

No comments: